The Role of QA Manager is to support Production Management in achieving cost quality and volume targets as well as maintaining the Quality Management System. The successful applicant will be expected to apply specialist skill/knowledge into the workplace to ensure none value added activities are eliminated, from appraisal to prevention, forcing QA activity into the supply chain
The successful job holder will be expected to:
- Manage the Quality Management system and ensure fully compliant to the requirements of PAS99 integrated management system – ISO 9001, 50001, 45001
- Carry out and or lead audits required to maintain quality systems.
- To liaise with Production Management & support day to day production in achieving quality and performance targets
- Work directly with suppliers to close out quality concerns, raising 8D corrective actions
- Support New Product introduction, setting up of new manufacturing cells, jigs, fixtures and managing change in process.
- Support Production Engineers to ensure work method instructions are raised, documented accurate and briefed to employees.
- Provide Top level warranty and production analysis raising potential red flags for cross functional team investigation, drive improvement action
- Making visible – key quality metrics to the organisation
- Liaise with Production Management & Engineering Team to (coordinate) ensure COSHH and Risk assessments are in place
- Create and drive strategy for managing low risk supplier quality back to the supply base (remove goods inward inspection)
- Coordinate Supplier Approval Validation, comparing and validating samples drawings, specifications 2D and 3D models. Liaise with suppliers to ensure components are supplied correct to specification
- Coordinate with NPD Design Engineers to approve first off (new parts/changes) submissions
Essential/Preferred requirements include:
- Quality Systems Management – 3rd Party verification & Compliance
- Quality Audit qualification. lead audit qualification preferred
- HND/ Degree in Mechanical Engineering desirable
- TIG welding experience/qualification is desirable
- Specialist knowledge in copper and stainless welding/brazing is desirable along with the passivation of TIG welding.
- Problem Solving skills, Cause & Effect, 5 whys, Pareto, Trend/Regression analysis, Lean 6 Sigma
- Good ability with English written and spoken language
- Strong team-working and communication abilities
- Ability to work with 2D Drawings & 3D Models to support FAI (First Article Inspection Approval)
- Experienced working in cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Works well under pressure and committed to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks
Candidates should display behaviours in keeping with our Values of Integrity, Excellence, Learning, Collective Efficiency, Innovation, Business Development and Enjoyment.