The Industrial Engineering function is responsible for delivering continuous improvement and sustainable change to manufacturing practices in the business to support the company’s strategic growth programme, including delivering innovative flow and layout design to facilitate the effective and efficient introduction of new technologies and product lines.
Activities undertaken by the function are aligned to company objectives, specifically to create a manufacturing centre of excellence incorporating leading edge processes to assure competitive advantage.
R&D, Production, Logistics, Quality, Customer Services, Procurement, Suppliers, third party consultants, contractors and authorities
The role of Process Engineer will be to plan, direct and co-ordinate a sustainable and continuously improving manufacturing processing plant. The role involves agreeing and delivering projects on time, in full to cost specification with effective utilisation of resources.
- Develop and recommend short, medium and long term goals and objectives for lean manufacturing.
- Develop design for manufacture, delivering continuous and sustainable improvement to the manufacturing process.
- Contribute to enable maximum labour and workflow efficiencies
- Articulate improvement strategies and project plans to gain buy in from stakeholders
- Work collaboratively as part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) cross functional team to deliver projects to customer requirements, on time and within budget
- Provide a cohesive link between Operations and R&D functions, contributing to new product innovation and introduction in relation to design for manufacture
- Analyse and plan work force utilisation, space requirement and work flow, layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency understanding capacity requirements
- Create formal investment project proposals for purchase of equipment, modifications and facility improvements, justifying costs
- Use a methodical approach to problem solving and solution evaluation to support project plans. For example, using tools such as Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Root Cause Analysis (Ishikawa), Methods Time Measurement (MTM)
- Ensure all plant is sustained to the highest standards and that value is extracted from all investments
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality measures of all product lines through FMEACost reductionsLine efficiencyProduct launches delivered on time
- Must be eligible to live and work within EU
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering desirable
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing or Lean 6 Sigma (Green belt) desirable
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial engineering or related field. Significant and proven experience of effective project management, planning and implementation. Broad technical experience in own electrical, electronic or mechanical field with good working knowledge of other disciplines. Welding experience desirable.
Skills & Knowledge:
Engineering expertise. Knowledge of quality management systems and processes. In depth understanding of lean manufacturing processes and technologies. Methodical problem solving. Project Management skills. Health and Safety knowledge. Knowledge and understanding of regulations and standards. Strong analytical skills. Effective communicator and team player.
Knowledge of industry expected through previous technical roles
Strong person to person communication skills. The ability to communicate at all levels and build relationships
A confident and outgoing personality will be vital in developing relationships
A positive approach to all tasks will be required as well as using own initiative
Delighting the customer:
Makes the customer feel valued, takes ownership for resolving customer issues and responds promptly to customers (internal and external)
Uses appropriate language in order to get point across and is confident at challenging the opinions of others, where appropriate
Able to support the business out of normal working hours
£40k – £45k per annum
Covered by pension plan
Money purchase scheme
If you are interested in this position you can:
Submit your CV to us using the form below, or email it to email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Call us on 01253 340565 and speak to a member of our Recruitment Team.