We are currently recruiting for a Plumber/Heating Engineer. Additional training will be provided if you already possess experience within the Plumbing, Electrical or Gas industry.
You will be working for a large UK company covering the Luton/Hemel Hempstead area.
If you are a qualified Plumber/Heating Engineer and you want to develop your skills in other trades, we have the opportunity for an organised and professional tradesman. Working in responsive maintenance and also attending manufactures product warranty repairs in domestic properties.
You will be working within private and rented domestic properties, carrying out plumbing installation and also minor electrical repairs. The type of tasks carried out within your working day will include replacing taps, repairing toilets and also carrying out minor electrical repairs by changing light fittings, new sockets, shower fans.
Experience needed :- Minimum requirement
- A trade relevant qualification City & Guilds Level 2 or 3 qualification Plumbing or electrical – must be able to provide proof
- Having any electrical repair experience would be very beneficial
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Additional useful Qualifications
- Part P Electrical
- Electrical Test and Inspection
- Domestic ACS, Gas Safe certificate or equivalent is essential for the role
- A sound technical knowledge of domestic plumbing systems including fault diagnosis and rectification
Character and working approach
- Ability to learn new skills
- Hardworking and flexible
- Motivated and trustworthy
- Good customer services skills, well presented and articulate
- The ability to work using your own initiative with minimum supervision and able to multi-skill is essential.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and possibly holidays
What we are looking for
- Self-managed engineer, to ensure targets are achieved.
- Knowledge of electrical services.
- Fault finding on Control circuits.
- Knowledge of lone working requirements.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify faults
- Ability to plan and organise and work unsupervised.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent self-motivational skills.
Key aspects to employment
- 30k to 35K basic salary depending on experience, 35K to 38K OTE
- Monday to Friday working week 45 hour week door to door
- Additional weekend working 2 days per month (a 7 hour day is usually worked)
- Van, phone, fuel card, uniform
- Overtime, pension
- Great career progression and development
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
If you are interested in these positions you can:
Submit your CV to us using the form below, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Call us on 01253 340565 and speak to a member of our Recruitment Team.