We are currently recruiting for a Lead Workshop based HGV Technician to join our team based at our depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs as laid down in the Fraikin servicing schedule, while meeting the customer’s legal obligations dictated by their operators licence undertakings.
- Repair safety related vehicle defects to ensure the legal operation of all vehicles and items of ancillary equipment.
- Repair and maintain all equipment to meet all Health & Safety requirements.
- MOT preparation and presentation to the minimum standard to target a 100% vehicle first time pass rate on presentation for annual test.
- Strive to internalise as much maintenance activity as possible
- Complete any repairs and servicing in a timely manner to avoid any unnecessary vehicle downtime and contract penalties.
- Ensure stock is booked out appropriately to each vehicle.
- From time to time carry out some duties and key responsibilities of the vehicle technician and assume the role and responsibility of the Controller in his absence
- Ensure that the due service inspection sheet is kept fully up to date.
- For VORs in the workshop make sure that they are ALL recorded in the diary with a reason as to why they are off the road.
- Make sure that your shift completes or updates its paperwork each day.
- Completion of all legal documentation relating to vehicle/equipment at the time of the inspection/service.
- Completion on a daily basis of all records relating to electronic job cards, recording job tasks and time taken to include spares used etc, defect reports, breakdown records, “Lick and Sticks”
- Ensure that all servicing and O Licence documentation is completed in full at the time of an inspection and is handed in to the Service Manager without delay each day.
- Order parts as required through approved purchasing policy and when authorised by the Operations Manager.
- To ensure a PO is raised correctly and in a timely manner when ordering parts.
- Support the management in the organisation and motivation of workshop staff
- Monitor performance levels, providing coaching and counselling to encourage performance with conjunction with the Service Manager
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Fully skilled HGV technician through a recognised formal training programme with experience in HGV work
- IRTEC standards
- Previous experience of supervising a team.
- Driving licence essential – HGV preferred
- IOSH Health & Safety training desirable
- CPC National desirable
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment and having the ability to interface well with all internal and external customers and suppliers.
Job Title: Lead Maintenance Technician HGV (Workshop)
Salary: £30,000 + £2,000 rotating shift allowance + £1,300 Team Leader allowance
Hours: 40 per week, 2 week rotating pattern: 0600-1430 / 1300 – 2130
Benefits: 22 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases to 25 days with service), pension scheme, Perkbox, IRTEC standard training, uniform and free parking.