Job Title: HGV Workshop Technician
Working Pattern: 11:30am – 9:00pm
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Benefits: 22 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases to 25 days with service), pension scheme, Perkbox, free parking, overtime etc.
We are one of the country’s largest providers of commercial vehicle contract hire, fleet management and rental. We offer customers a skills base and proven financial stability that we believe is second to none. This allows us to react to even the largest of new business opportunities in a sole supplier role, and with a customer renewal rate which is the envy of our competitors.
We are currently recruiting for experienced HGV Technicians to join our team working at our Enfield branch, to ensure that preventative maintenance and the diagnosis and rectification of defect work is carried out in a timely manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance on Light and LGV vehicles in accordance with Customer & Company policies, DVSA standards, in a timely manner to fulfil contractual requirements in the depot.
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment in compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Adhering to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participating in cross/multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Excellent knowledge of commercial vehicle engineering with an appropriate qualification i.e. City & Guilds Level 3, IMI Level 3 etc.
- Prior knowledge of diagnostic systems (TEXA, STAR, EASY, DAVY)
- Full and Clean UK Driving License (Class C1+E preferred but not essential)
- Time Served in a previous HGV servicing role
- Experience of working with ECAS, ABS, EBS braking systems
- Can demonstrate a flexible approach to new methods and improved system
If you are interested in this position you can:
Submit your CV to us using the form below, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Call us on 01253 340565 and speak to a member of our Recruitment Team.