We are currently recruiting for a Workshop based HGV Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance on Light and LGV vehicles in accordance with Customer & Company policies, DVSA standards, in a timely manner to fulfil contractual requirements in the depot.
- Diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment in compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Adhering to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participating in cross/multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Dealing with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintaining a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a relevant qualification such as City & Guilds Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance, City & Guilds Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or Level 2/3 Apprenticeship in HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- If LGV licence, ideally with Driver CPC and periodic hours completed.
- A keen team player.
- Good knowledge of all H,S&E regulations.
- Flexible to meet the volumes of work that may arise.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
Hours: 45 per week, Monday – Friday 11.30-21.00
Salary: £35,000.00 per annum + overtime
Benefits: 22 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases to 25 days with service), pension scheme, Perkbox discounts with retailers, IRTEC standard training etc, free parking.