We are currently recruiting for a mobile HGV Technicians to work at various locations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carry out inspection and repair work to company/customer’s vehicles, to VOSA standards.
- Identify and escalate if any additional work is required.
- Ensure the work undertaken is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with instructions and customer SLAs
- Ensure resources are used in a safe manner.
- Adhere strictly to Health, Safety & Environmental guidelines.
- Completion, in a detailed and appropriate manner, of all relevant paperwork.
- Endeavour to reduce vehicle down time to a minimum.
- Carryout breakdown maintenance/repair work.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a relevant qualification such as City & Guilds Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance, City & Guilds Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or Level 2/3 Apprenticeship in HGV Maintenance and Repair.
- Previous experience within an HGV technician role or equivalent (experience in a mobile role would be advantageous)
- Hold knowledge of typical maintenance work on commercial vehicles.
- Have a good knowledge of all H,S&E regulations.
- Be flexible to meet the volumes of work that may arise.
- Have good communication and organisational skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Holding a HGV licence would be advantageous, at least Class 2 is required.
Job Details: Mobile HGV Technician
Hours: 45 per week
Working Pattern: Monday- Friday, shift pattern between the hours of 05:00 and 19:00
Salary: £35,000.00 per annum
Benefits: 22 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases to 25 days with service), pension scheme, Perkbox discounts with retailers, IRTEC standard training etc.