We are currently recruiting for a Depot Driver to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all vehicles are checked and cleaned to present a professional image to our customers.
- Act in a courteous and professional manner maintaining a high level of personal appearance and wearing Company Uniform at all times
- Ensure all vehicles are SQI checked prior to delivery, reporting any defects in line with the SQI checklist to ensure that all vehicles are legally compliant
- To ensure vehicles are collected or delivered in line with the customers and our expectations to ensure high levels of customer service and customer retention.
- Ensure that all rental vehicles have a signed rental check sheet and rental agreement at collection and delivery.
- To ensure LRQA and ISO standards are adhered to at all times contributing to the retention of these schemes.
- Assisting with internal and external audits and taking specific actions as instructed where non-conformances occur.
- Complying with all HSE procedures to ensure a safe working environment, reporting all accidents and environmental incidents and taking action as appropriate.
- Ensuring the yard is free from obstruction and that parking is controlled.
- Building and developing relationships with customers to ensure high levels of continued and new business.
- Carry out vehicle familiarisation with customers where necessary.
- Resolve customer issues at a low level escalating where necessary.
To be successful in this role you will need to be/have:
- Full and Clean UK Driving License (LGV Class 2 essential but class 1 preferred – 3 points maximum)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Professional and personable image
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30
Salary: £23,500.00 per annum
Benefits: 22 days annual leave + bank holidays (increases to 25 days with service), pension scheme, Perkbox discount with retailers, overtime, free parking