We are looking for a PSV Mechanic in the London area:
- Contract work.
- Good rates of pay.
- Immediate start.
- Experience in PSV or HGV is essential.
- City and Guilds Part 1 and 2 in Motor Vehicle Craft Studies or BTEC equivalent.
- Apprentice trained preferable.
- To assist Managers and Supervisors of the garage Engineering function to effectively maintain Company vehicles and premises in line with VOSA, Company and ISO 9001 :2000 standards.
To conduct the following tasks on the required or relevant Company vehicles in your garage;
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage. Welding (gas and mig) and gas cutting with the appropriate qualifications or training.
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards.
- Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work.
- Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT).
- Carry out the servicing of all vehicles.
- Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards.
- Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping and conform to health, safety and environmental regulations.
Why should you apply for the position of PSV Mechanic?:
- Become a part of our highly skilled engineering workforce.
- Enjoy a variety of experiences and enhance your skills and knowledge base.
- An opportunity to work with a dynamic and expanding company.
- Fuel card and van included.